FOR PUBLICATION TUESDAY, JANUARY 10, 2023
Announcement: Public Notice
From: Department of Assessment
Notice is given that the 2023/24 Tentative Assessment Roll is now available for all property owners.
How to Search for a Property
To search for your property:
- Press Ctrl + F and a search box will appear
- In the search box, enter your property number and street name, then hit the enter key.
- If your address includes a directional, you do not need to include it in your search. Ex: "1100 N Townsend Street" need only be entered as "1100 Townsend."
Filing a Grievance
If you believe that your property assessment is inaccurate, the City of Syracuse offers a process commonly known as “grieving an assessment”. Residents are able to grieve or file a formal complaint about their tax assessment. To file a grievance, go to the Assessment Dept. page and scroll down to "Self-Service" and click Grieve an Assessment.
The grievance filing period opens at 8:00 a.m. on January 18,2023 and closes at 5:00 p.m. on January 31, 2023. The Assessment Office (City Hall, Room 130) will be additionally staffed on the following days to allow residents to file their grievances:
- Thursday, January 19 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 25 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Please note that the City requires original, wet ink signatures on the grievance form (RP-524) so it must be submitted in person or via U.S. mail.
To submit via USPS, send to the following mailing address:
Board of Assessment Review
233 East Washington St.
City Hall, Suite 130
Syracuse, NY 13202
To learn more about the grievance process, you may visit syr.gov/BAR. For any additional questions, please call 315.448.8280