SE Quadrant Yard Waste, Construction Debris, and Leaf Pickup Schedule
The City of Syracuse offers curbside pickup of yard waste and construction debris. Please help us ensure prompt pickup by following these guidelines.
Find out your quadrant's pickup date by checking the City Services Guide(PDF, 386KB). You can drop off yard waste any time of the year at the Department of Public Works self-drop off site, located at 1200 Canal St. Ext. during the following hours:
- Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Saturday 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. (April through October only)
In the SOUTHEAST quadrant, yard waste and construction debris should be set out between the sidewalk and the curb, not in the street, no earlier than Saturday morning, and no later than Sunday evening on the weekends listed below ONLY. Pick-up will be during the weeks that follow.
- Yard waste includes BRUSH AND BRANCHES. NO PLASTIC BAGS.
- Leaf pickup begins in November, as weather permits.
- Separate yard waste from construction debris, household trash, and recyclables.
- Set yard waste neatly between sidewalk and curb, not in the street. Piles must not block fire hydrants, touch poles, bushes, or sewer vents.
- DO NOT place yard waste or construction debris in plastic bags, boxes, or cans.
- You must call and advise City Line at 315-448-CITY (2489) or online here, one week in advance for construction and demolition set outs only.
- During the season, you are allowed no more than 2 cubic yards each pick-up (about the size of a washer and dryer set side by side).
- Contractors must arrange for the proper and legal disposal of construction debris generated during construction. The City will not pick up debris or yard waste generated by a contractor.
Failure to comply with the above rules may result in a citation being issued by the City of Syracuse.