The Municipal Violations Bureau (MVB) handles Health & Sanitation Violation ticket disputes and hearings for illegal set-outs and cart violations issued by the Department of Public Works (DPW).
Did you receive a Health & Sanitation Violation ticket? If you are within 24 hours of receiving this citation, you can pull the violation back to avoid getting fined. After 24 hours, you must pay or dispute the ticket within 30 days. After 30 days the ticket will default and be rolled onto your property taxes.
Note: Mail-in payments will be processed based on their US Postal Service postmark. All payments not made within the allotted time period will be subject to a late penalty.
You may get fines for Health & Sanitation Violations (illegal set-outs and/or cart violations) like:
- Trash outside of City-provided cart
- Trash overflowing/Cart lid not shut
- Trash not bagged
- Improper containerization
- Early or late set out
- Improper separation of trash
- Excessive trash/construction debris
- Debris in roadway
- Mixed use property
- Overweight can/bag
- Containers not pulled back
- Litter & dumping
- Commercial trash in public view
If you get fined for a violation and don’t think you deserve it, you can dispute it by requesting a hearing. A judge will listen to what you have to say and then decide based on the evidence.
At MVB, we are dedicated to:
- Resolving illegal set-out ticket disputes quickly and fairly
- Conducting hearings, so people can make their voice heard
- Enforcing laws and ordinances to ensure safe and drivable neighborhoods and streets