Our outdoor pools operate mid-June to mid-August, Monday - Saturday from 12 to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 1 to 7 p.m. for open swim. Based on staff availability lap swim is offered at several outdoor pools. Check back for outdoor pool opening updates. Hours subject to change.
Our indoor pools operate September to June. Hours vary by pool. Visit Southwest Pool and Valley Pool for up to date hours.
On our pool schedules, you’ll see we set aside times for different types of swimming (and different types of swimmers).
Open to all ages
- One lap lane available
Available at Southwest Pool and Valley Pool and all outdoor pools that open for the summer season.
Open to age 16 and up.
Note that pool may be divided for multiple uses and “circle swim” is recommended (always swimming on the right side of the lane you’re in).
Available at Southwest Pool and Valley Pool.
- Youth lessons open to ages 14 mo. to 15; Adult lessons open to ages 16 and up.
- $10 for city residents/$35 for non-city residents per person.
- Lesson sessions are offered in the fall, winter, spring, and summer for designated half hour sessions.
- Registration required at syracuse.recdesk.com under "Programs". Opens approx. 2 weeks prior to class start date.
- Available at Southwest Pool and Valley Pool and select outdoor pools based on staff availability.
Anyone who swims in one of our pools has to follow our regulations — if you don’t, you will loose swimming privileges. Read the pool rules and expectations.