Request a Property Code Violation Hearing

If you want to challenge a ticket you got for a property code violation, you can request a hearing from the Bureau of Administrative Adjudication (BAA). A judge will listen to what you have to say, look over the evidence, and make a decision.


Step 1.Request a hearing by mail or in person

When you get your ticket, a Payment/Plea Form will be attached. Fill it out and send it back to the Bureau of Treasury to request a hearing. The address is listed on the form. 

You can also request a hearing in person. Visit us at:
Bureau of Administrative Adjudication
201 East Washington Street
Room 701
Syracuse, NY 13202

You can’t call or email to request a hearing. 

Remember that you must request a hearing within 30 days of the date on the ticket. If you mail a request, it must be postmarked within that 30 day period. If you don’t make the deadline, you are in default and the penalty doubles. 

Step 2.Wait for your hearing date

Once we get your request form, we’ll set up a date for your hearing. You’ll get the date sent to you by mail. You can also check the date on our hearings calendar.

All in-person hearings are held at:
City Hall Commons
201 East Washington Street
Room 701
Syracuse, NY 13202

If you request it, you may be able to have your hearing online. To request an online hearing, do x.

What’s next?

Want to know what to bring to your hearing, how to prepare, and what to expect? Find out how to get ready for your hearing.

Questions about property code violations or tickets?

We can help. Contact the Bureau of Administrative Adjudication (BAA) at 315-448-8320 or