Congratulations! Your new trash cart has arrived. You must start using your cart immediately on your regular collection day.
Plan to place your trash cart at the curb on your regular collection day after you receive your cart. Place your cart at the curb no earlier than 6:00 p.m. before your trash date and remove it from the street by 7:00 p.m. on your trash date. Here are the timeframes:
Collection Day Earliest Set-Out Time Cart Must be Removed by:
- Monday Sunday 6:00 p.m. Monday 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday Monday 6:00 p.m. Tuesday 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday Tuesday 6:00 p.m. Wednesday 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday Wednesday 6:00 p.m. Thursday 7:00 p.m.
- Friday Thursday 6:00 p.m. Friday 7:00 p.m.
Updated regulations for your trash set-out.
To keep our City Clean and help our sanitation crews, follow these simple rules. If not followed you may incur a fine.
- Place only bagged waste in your trash carts. Loose trash will not be collected.
- Securely close the cart lid to prevent litter and scavenging.
- Place your cart at the end of your driveway or in front of your house between the sidewalk and street on your regular collection day.
- Store your cart on the side of the house/garage, behind the house/garage, or in your garage when it is not your collection day.
- Call Cityline (315-448-2489) if you have an item that does not fit in your cart.
- Don’t place bags of waste outside of your cart. This will be considered an illegal setout and you may be cited and fined.
- Don’t store your cart in front of your residence.
- Don’t use any container other than the City provided cart. If you have more waste than you can fit into your cart, you may dispose of it yourself at an OCRRA drop-off site. More information at OCRRA.org.
- Don’t place recyclables in your trash cart. Recycling carts will be rolled out to the City in 2024. Continue to use your current recycling container.
- Don’t place prohibited items, such as yard waste, hazardous/toxic waste, paint, TVs and other electronics, demolition waste, medical/pathological waste, explosives or radioactive materials in your trash cart. Find out how to manage these items at OCRRA.org.
To learn more about using your new trash cart, see the Frequently Asked Questions page. Still have questions or need language interpretation? Call (315) 448-2489.