Public Works

The Department of Public Works (DPW) is critical to delivering day to day services to the city. We plow the streets, pick up the trash, service sewers, keep traffic flowing, and maintain our streets.

Need a permit from DPW?

We issue permits for block parties, road cuts, and more.

Where to get permits from Pubic Works

In Person

You can get Public Works permits in-person from City Hall Commons, Room 102, 201 East Washington Street, Syracuse, NY 13202



You can visit the Central Permit Office to complete permits online as they become available.

More from Public Works