Parks & Recreation Department Refund Policy
In the event the Syracuse Parks & Recreation Department cancels an activity, class, event, league, program, membership, or reservation, you will be refunded the full amount, less the credit card transaction fee. A 2.75% credit card transaction fee will not be refunded in any case. The credit card transaction fee is subject to change. All other refund requests are required to be submitted in writing 30 days from the start of the activity, class, event, league, program, membership, or reservation for a full refund, less the $5.00 processing fee, except for Adult Recreation Leagues and Aquatics programs - see below for more details.
- Refunds will only be given to the original applicant/registrant/payee.
- If payment is made by credit card, refunds will be reimbursed to the credit card used for the transaction. If the original credit card is not available (i.e. cancelled, expired etc.), a refund will be issued by check. The refund check will be mailed to the address of the original applicant/registrant.
- If payment was made by cash or check, a refund check will be mailed to the address of the original applicant/registrant. Issuance of refund checks take between 4-6 weeks.
- Refunds will not be prorated or considered after the start of a program, membership, or reservation.
- Account credits are not an option at this time.
Adult Recreation League
Unenrollment from a league must be requested at least five (5) business days prior to the season start date, regardless of whether the team withdrawing from the league has a game on the first day of the season or not. A team who withdraws on or before this deadline is entitled to their league fee and performance bond fee (forfeit fee). If a team withdraws from the league after the deadline, but before the first day of the season, they are not entitled to their league fee reimbursement. They are however entitled to receive the $100 performance bond (forfeit fee). A team that withdraws after the first day of the season is not entitled to a refund of their league fee or their forfeit fee.
- A team is entitled to receive their $100 performance bond after the completion of league playoffs under two conditions:
- The team never had to forfeit a game during a season due to a last-minute withdrawal or inability to field a team by scheduled game time.
- The team did not withdraw their team from the league after the start of the season.
Aquatics programs refund requests must be submitted in writing ten (10) days from the start of the session for a full refund, less the $5.00 processing fee. Programs with registration dates less than ten (10) days from the start will not be refunded unless the Department cancels.
No refund is available for some designated activities, classes, events, programs, memberships, reservations or services. Information on any specific exception is available at the time of registration.
How to request a refund
Adult Athletics: ParksAdultLeagues@syrgov.net
Events & Reservations: email@example.com
Youth Recreation: firstname.lastname@example.org