Change of Address for City Service Notifications

Do you need us to change the mailing address where you receive all of your City of Syracuse correspondence? That includes your tax bills, assessment notices, and other notices related to property.  If so, you must submit a Change of Address Request. Change of Address forms can only be submitted by an owner of the property and must be accompanied by a government issued photo ID.

A Change of Address Request can be submitted online, by mail, or in person. See below to submit your request.



By Mail

Step 1.Address Your Envelope

Take a standard envelope and address it to:

Assessment Department
233 E. Washington Street
City Hall, Suite 130
Syracuse, New York 13202

Step 2.Provide Property Addresses

Include a note that details the following:

  1. The property that currently receives written correspondence from the Assessment and Finance Department.
  2. The address where Assessment and Finance communications should be sent.
  3. If you are an LLC, your letter requesting a Change of Address should be submitted on your business letterhead.

Step 3.Provide ID

Include a color or black & white photo copy of your government identification with your letter.

Step 4.Confirm Your Request

To confirm your request has been received, you may verify with the Assessment Department.

In Person

Step 1.Locate the Assessment Office

Residents can walk into the Assessment Office at City Hall to process Change of Address requests in person. No appointment is needed.

233 E. Washington Street
Syracuse, New York 13202

The entrance is on Market Street. Go through the security check point and continue to room 130.

Step 2.Check-In at Assessment Counter

You will need to check-in at the counter and request a Change of Address form.

  • You will be asked for your government issued ID.
  • You will be given an opportunity to complete the form onsite.
  • There is no cost for this service.

Step 3.Confirm Address Changes

  • You will want to allow time for the change to process with other departments that send out notices.
  • You will need to do a separate Address Change with the Water Billing Department. They can be contacted by calling 315-448-8238.