The Uniform Bureau is commanded by Deputy Chief Mark Rusin who is responsible for providing direct police services to the public. These services include street patrol, traffic control and enforcement, responding to calls for service, emergencies, and community oriented policing operations. The Bureau is comprised of the following Divisions.
- Provides police services and airport security at the Syracuse Hancock International Airport.
- Ensures compliance with, and the enforcement of, Federal Aviation Regulations and Standards and local, state, and federal laws.
Phone: (315) 442-5220
- Responds to all calls for police services.
- Conducts thorough preliminary investigation of all offense.
- Conducts follow-up investigations in cases where responsibility is not yielded to another Division/Section.
- Apprehends offenders and recovers stolen property.
- Enforces laws and regulations.
- Conducts crime prevention and suppression activities.
- Maintains close liaison with the community and fosters positive police community relations.
The Syracuse Police Departments website is currently under construction. As a result, some links will be temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and continue to check back with our site for the updated release.
Phone: (315) 442-5200
The Traffic Section is a pro-active traffic enforcement component of the Department. The Traffic Enforcement Section was reorganized to Division status in 2002 and is responsible for enforcing New York State Laws and City of Syracuse Ordinances governing vehicles and traffic.
Phone: (315) 442-5130